Featured Post

Just so you know what I mean by Barrens

People tend to visualize this when they think of a country gas station. Not the way it is, at least not here in the Barrens, where r...

Saturday, January 30

My Mom’s name was Zsofia

My name is Haidée

 I have a journal. He taught me to keep one. I’m going to read it to him when he gets back. If he gets back. Which I don’t know about.

What happened way back then? Johnny, 30 years ago when he was named Sam, was a loser in Pineville. He escaped to Philly, where he became a gang leader. Not just a leader, the leader of a South Street biker club that killed maybe hundreds of rivals. Then the feds came for him. And he killed them too. ALL of them. How my mother met him. He limped in bleeding from two bullet wounds with a retarded dwarf named Gypsy, also injured, and my mom nursed both of them back to health. Then the feds kill her, Johnny leaves for a couple years, comes back, I’m not ten anymore, and it’s the Barrens, and I do for him, as I would for any Jersey boy.

He tells me he’s not in a gang, he’s just a writer, he shows me poetry. I believe him because I’m just a dumb bitch and I’d use worse words except that he’s still in my head saying no.

Do you understand.? He’s an old guy, late sixties, and he’s missing.and two more recently released child molesters are dead. Can’t be him. Johnny is in his late sixties... but I know he killed them.

It’s him. Dammit. Got so tired of hearing about it at the country store. JohnnyDodge, the Snakeman, the Fast Finisher, the Real King of Punk City. 

S’okay. I want him to keep living. If I have to, I’ll kill you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment