Featured Post

Just so you know what I mean by Barrens

People tend to visualize this when they think of a country gas station. Not the way it is, at least not here in the Barrens, where r...

Tuesday, January 5

He’s Gone.

 

Heidi here. I came to walk the dogs. They’re not here. He’s not here. I never told him how much he meant to me. Nobody ever takes care of you. Johnny did. The Fast Finisher. He was that. Just gone in an instant. I kept his secrets. Have to start sharing them now. I know he’s not coming back. I suspect he’s, even now, trying to protect me. But I have the library to look at. He wouldn’t let me look at it. Now he can’t stop me. 

He’s got the dogs. They will be safe. I assume I will also be safe. But here’s what I can show you, the secret I thought I could protect. But I won’t show you the keyboard yet.


Okay. I will. You can’t understand it any more than I could. So how does it matter? He’s gone.


So, okay. He threw them in the wastebasket. Polaroids. Crumpled up. Didn’t want me to find them. How I know they’re important. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment