Featured Post

Just so you know what I mean by Barrens

People tend to visualize this when they think of a country gas station. Not the way it is, at least not here in the Barrens, where r...

Sunday, February 16

Heidi Taking Charge


I come back from the laundromat and Heidi is acting like the cat who ate the canary. There was a puppy in my Command Center.

“Well?” she asked. “Don’t you just love him?”

“He’s blue,” I said.

“Of course he is,” she said. “Why his name is Nuke.”

“No. It isn’t.”

‘We’ll see.”

She said.

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling guilt tonight because it took me a week to realize you were right. Or many months, considering your original pleas for me to evaluate my life.

    I had a friend to campus today to speak, someone who took a different path than me after college. He has some things in his life that I would like, but he sits behind a computer screen most of the day. I have some things in my life that he would like, but he sees my over-commitment to this place for what it is. No matter. He's ready to make a break, try something radical, get away from his current position and change his life completely. With a wife and two young kids, same as me. And as he spoke about it, not sure of anything but ready to try, I realized that I had heard this exact same thing weeks ago from RL. I stubbornly resisted, both in words and in my mind.

    I'm not sure what will happen with my friend, and no I'm no longer sure what should or must happen with me and mine. I *do* know that I am the kid in the office in Wanted before getting recruited.

    I'm not sure of much else, not sure where to start. I know I'm guilty of stubbornness and pride, and I'm sorry for that. I'm still hurt by your methods, but I know that's what it takes to get through to me sometimes. I'll take the hurt to make me better, not to wither up and settle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before getting recruited? You've been recruited for a long time. It's just not as glamorous as looking up Jolie's skirt on the hood of an exoticar. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete