Featured Post

Just so you know what I mean by Barrens

People tend to visualize this when they think of a country gas station. Not the way it is, at least not here in the Barrens, where r...

Monday, April 23

Satellite Office

Oh. Didn’t I tell you about the Command Center?


Once I got the trailer set up with a bed, a bureau, a fridge, and a hot plate, there wasn’t much room for my Last Chance Office. There was an old Plymouth out back that wasn’t going anywhere, which gave me an idea. I dug a shaft down through the trunk floor and shoveled backward to clear out a room-sized space underground. Some timber framing and cheap paneling and indoor/outdoor carpeting did the trick. Wired the electrical service through the Plymouth and set up a swell Command Center to provide access to the Internet.

The keyboard is an old Commodore unit. Very sturdy.

The communication part was surprisingly easy. More odds and ends...

The tires are spares for the truck.

I did set up an email just in case any old friends were still alive. Otherwise I just did what others do, poke around in the weird world made of millennial bits and bytes. Not much fun maybe, but informative.

Learned some things I’ll maybe talk about later.


No comments:

Post a Comment