Featured Post

Just so you know what I mean by Barrens

People tend to visualize this when they think of a country gas station. Not the way it is, at least not here in the Barrens, where r...

Tuesday, April 24

Pigs Fly

SHE photoshopped this. Now she’s walking my dogs,

I’m the pig. Get that out of the way up front. P is for pig. P is also for punk, paranoid, and pugilistic.

But I let her in. She’s the girl that was staring at me in the flea market. Turns out she’s a neighbor. She says. Never knew I had neighbors. I have two dogs. She knew their names, Jack and Brillo. She’s plumper than her picture. She has a camera. Concerning. Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer. She snapped me at the laundromat.

It’s a fallacy that you can just disappear. There’s always laundry.

Jack is the wire-haired dachshund. Brillo is the Airedale. He ate a soap-filled steel wool pad as a puppy. He foamed at the mouth, then excreted steel wool in his stool. Airedales are invincible.

She knew their names though. They loved her. Trust your dogs. I think I believe that. I tried to end her interest in me. Showed her how old I am. Something else I got at the flea market:


I also showed her when and how I listen to it.


She said, “That’s cool.” Name of Heidi. Really? Bent shoulders, terrible posture, millennial pooch, I could swear she said “youse,” and yet she was somehow charming. Then she locked up the dog walking job. She said, “Everyone says you’re not Sam Dealey but a stone killer named Johnny Dodge. They say you are invulnerable, like Superman or somebody. Is that true?”

How she got this picture. 


I showed her my scars. Mistake. I was drunk. And then she insinuated herself into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment